The Three Rivers Downtown Merchants Group will sponsor an Art Hop this coming Friday, July 23, from 6pm to 9pm in historic downtown Three Rivers – come to Three Rivers and enjoy music, refreshments… and art on display in downtown stores! Meet the artists, there will be refreshments and music or art in each of the participating stores (marked by balloons out front) and the Carnegie Center for the Arts.
Three Rivers Artists Guild members and other artists will be showing their work. Guild participants scheduled in the July Three Rivers Art Hop will be:
- Second Wind Furniture, 3 North Main St. – Mary Powers, metalsmith turtles, amulets and Items of Meaning
- UniQ, 33 N Main St. – Carol Dugan, photography -“Surprised by Beauty”
- Express Nutrition Too, 35 N. Main St. – Judi Brook, fiber arts and llama fiber accessories, along with Brian Brook, found-metal sculpture
- World Fare, 37 N. Main St. – Donna Rathert, iconography, “Global Mothers” acrylics
- Carnegie Center for the Arts, 107 North Main St. – Kathy Bingaman, polymer and glass bead jewelry
- Paisano’s Bar and Grill, 16 North Main St. – Christi Misner, acrylic and oil paintings, drawings and etchings
- Golden Finch, 62 North Main St. – Ruth Scott, metalsmith and sea glass jewelry
- Fabrications, 56 North Main St. – Becky Hackenberg, photography and art cards
Music, food, and/or art will also be “happening” at lots of other downtown locations… Love Your Mother, Pub 21, Frisbee Golf, Lowry’s Books, Centsible Treasures, Downtown Dog… more!
For more information about the Three Rivers Art Hop contact organizer Douglas Mitchell at firstname.lastname@example.org
Article about the Three Rivers Art Hop in the River Country Journal:
http://bit.ly/9MjJ1T and coverage in the Three Rivers Commercial-News, “Music and Art Hop will be Friday”. Wednesday, July 21, 2010 (may still be online at http://www.threeriversnews.com/articles/2010/07/22/news/local_news/doc4c46fbd6318db029991365.txt )